- 3 nights in deluxe accommodations in Bogota.
- Private airport transfers.
- English-speaking private guide & driver for touring.
- Advance itinerary customization and restaurant reservations, as well as 24/7 in-country support.
Request Itinerary PDF
Arrival into Bogota
Arrival into Bogotá today from the U.S. Bogotá can be easily reached via nonstop flights from major U.S. gateways such as New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles.
For city lovers, Bogotá is an absolute must. Home to nearly 8 million people and situated at 8,700 feet above sea level, this bustling city is the country’s political and financial capital. Here you’ll find a thriving dining and cocktail scene, rich colonial history, a vibrant arts scene, great shopping, charming park-filled neighborhoods, and the country’s top boutique hotels.
Your private driver and English-speaking Almaz Journeys guide will welcome you just outside Customs for your private transfer to the city center. During the transfer, your guide will answer any questions you may have about your program and give you an introduction to Bogotá, its importance as the capital and its tremendous transformation in recent years.
Check-in at your deluxe hotel in the heart of the city. We have several favorites we work with, such as both Four Seasons and the Sofitel Victoria Regia, and we’ll help you choose the best fit based on your travel style.
You’ll have the remainder of today to settle in, and we’ll help you choose the perfect spot for dinner this evening.
After a delicious breakfast at your hotel, meet your English-speaking guide and driver in the lobby to begin your exploration of the Colombian capital.
Today’s exploration will give you a sense of the city’s history, as well as its place in Colombian society and in the context of the events of the last century. A highlight of this overview will be a stop at the city’s main market, Paloquemao, to get a taste of daily life of Bogotanos, as the city’s residents are called. You will be able to try the best street food and tropical fruits, if you like.
Then, walk the streets of La Candelaria, the historic center of Bogotá. Here, you’ll walk in the steps of history, from the colonial period to independence to the turbulence of the second half of the 20th century. Also in La Candelaria you’ll find some of the city’s most important museums. Among these, we think you should not miss the Botero Museum, which is dedicated to the work of the greatest Colombian contemporary artist known for his signature style of painting oversized people and objects.
Another must-see is the Gold Museum, which houses up to 34,000 pieces of gold from 13 pre-Hispanic civilizations. (For those who are particularly interested in the collections, we can arrange for a specialist in-house guide to give you a behind-the-scenes visit with exclusive access.)
There are numerous experiences and specialized visits we can organize for you based on your interests (prices vary). Some of these include (but are not limited to):
- Gourmet private cooking class with a Colombian farm-to-table chef and biologist
- Experience the best of the contemporary art scene with a local expert
- Explore Bogotá incredible street art
- Go on a shopping spree for those seeking vibrant designs and unique pieces created by emerging Colombian designers
- Learn all about Colombian music’s rich variety of rhythms during a visit to the home of a local composer/pianist
(Please speak with your Almaz Journeys travel manager for more information and additional costs.) Evening at leisure in Bogotá.
Further Exploration of Bogota
This morning, meet your guide and driver to visit the Montserrate sanctuary, symbol of the Colombian capital. With a peak over 10,000 feet above sea level, this is without question the best place for panoramic views of Bogotá and the surrounding valley.
Enjoy the remainder of the afternoon and evening at your leisure in Bogotá. If you’re active and enjoy biking, we can arrange for your guide to take you out on the Ciclovía. For roughly 7 hours every Sunday and holidays, the city closes more than 60 miles of streets for use only by pedestrians and bicyclists. This is a terrific way to experience Bogotá as a local!
There are some lovely parks surrounded by residential neighborhoods filled with shops and restaurants, so you may also enjoy a bit of wandering this afternoon. Of course, we can easily arrange for any additional specialized, insider experiences for you this afternoon (additional cost).
Remainder of afternoon and evening at your leisure in Bogotá.
Return home or continue exploring Colombia
Leisurely morning before checkout and your private transfer with English-speaking assistance to the airport for your journey onward. (Air not included.)
NOT DONE WITH COLOMBIA YET?
Looking to spend some more time exploring the magical realism of Colombia? Here are three of our favorite ideas that can be easily combined with Bogotá and each other, for a longer trip of a week or more.
- Continue for a few days in the crown jewel of the Caribbean, Cartagena. Spend a few days exploring the picturesque narrow streets, colorful colonial homes and nearby white-sand island beaches.
- Head to the Quindío province of the Coffee Region, the heart and soul of Colombia. Enjoy a learning about the coffee culture through visits to family-run farms, hiking among the soaring wax palms of the Corcora Valley, horseback riding, and relaxing at an exclusive hacienda-turned-boutique hotel set on a 500-acre ranch.
- See the remarkable social transformation which Medellin has undergone, from drug cartel capital to revitalized city buzzing with energy. Our terrific guides are eager to show you just how far the city has come in the last decade.
Private Journey PricingPer Person
From Price Per Person
|Deluxe Itinerary: 2 Guests Traveling Together || |
|Deluxe Itinerary: 4 Guests Traveling Together || |
|Premium Itinerary: 2 Guests Traveling Together || |
|Premium Itinerary: 4 Guests Traveling Together || |
- 3 nights in Premier room (Deluxe) or Grand Premier room (Premium) at Four Seasons Casa Medina. Pricing assumes arrival on Friday.
- Breakfast daily.
- Private arrival and departure transfers (assumes all guests on same flights.) English-speaking guide included when specified in itinerary.
- Private, local English-speaking guides for all activities as described in the program.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle for all included activities and transfers, with bottled water daily.
- Cost of entrance for all sights and experiences specifically included in your program.
- 24/7 local emergency contact during your journey.
- Full-service advance tailoring of your itinerary and assistance with restaurant reservations.
- Air travel.
- Lunches, dinners and alcoholic beverages unless otherwise specified in your program.
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel porters, etc. unless otherwise specified in your program.
- Travel or medical evacuation insurance.
- Any other items or services not specifically included in your itinerary.
Excited to learn more?
Get in touch with us with us today to start planning!