Skip to content
- The Amazon Rainforest can be experienced to the fullest both by land and sea. For those who prefer land-based excursion, the below information can give you better insight into the luxurious accommodations that await you within the Amazon. Both properties feature comfortable lodging, more than accommodating staff and a unique location in the Tambopata National Reserve. Read below to figure out which property is best for you!
- If you’re looking to do a sea-based excursion along the Amazon River, click here.
Request Itinerary PDF
Day 1Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica
The original lodge of the two, Reserva Amazonica provides more onsite amenities and services as well as a higher level of comfort. While there’s a higher price point, its pristine grounds and riverfront cabanas makes you feel at one with the Amazon. Reserva Amazonica offers 4 different categories of cabanas (35 total rooms of varying sizes depending on category) and are strategically placed throughout the area so guests can experience either a riverfront view or a more private and enclosed jungle view.
Excursions here take place on a more a la carte schedule which gives guests a bit more flexibility during their stay here. Each lodge has its own set of trails surrounding the area so any nature walks will take place in said area. Reserva Amazonica has a bit more variety in its nature walks as the landscape changes from dry to flooded forest so the wildlife you see may vary a bit more. Some popular excursions based from this lodge are boat rides at dusk to watch the area change from day to night and watch the nocturnal animals come to life as the sun goes down, walks along the canopy walkways, wooden canoe rides in search of the endangered giant river otters, and more!
Overall you can’t go wrong with either Inkaterra property in the Amazon, but Reserva Amazonica is for the travelers looking for a higher level of luxury and comfort as well as a more relaxed schedule to truly enjoy the lodge and its activities.
Day 2Inkaterra Hacienda Concepcion
Comfortable Rainforest Immersion
Hacienda Concepcion provides a slightly lesser price point while still offering the luxury that one can expect at an Inkaterra property. The lodges sit back further away from the river for a more in-depth jungle experience. Surrounded by the Tambopata National Reserve, the lodge is known to have more wildlife in the immediate vicinity than Reserva Amazonica may have. You’ll hear the natural lullabies of the jungle as you go to sleep at night and the chattering of the indigenous birds in the morning as you have breakfast (and maybe a howler monkey or two!) Guests can stay in either the main lodge where there are five rooms, or stay out in individual cabanas of which they have 25 (all being the same size and not varying in category).
In terms of excursions, Hacienda Concepcion offers fixed programs of 3 days/2nights, 4 days/3nights, or 5 days/4 nights. While there may be some excursions that cross over between the two properties, Hacienda Concepcion is great for a traveler that wants to get out and see the wilderness every day while they’re there and isn’t as concerned about spa treatments or relaxing (but you can do that, too!)
There’s a complex trail system all around the hotel’s campus and some popular excursions that guests can partake in include chocolate making processes in the hotel’s cacao plantation, learning about the importance of the Brazil Nut that grows here and how it has positively impacted the economy, walking along the canopy walkways, dugout canoe excursions, boat rides to a local farm, and more!
Private Journey PricingPer Person
From Price Per Person
|Reserva Amazonica || |
$975 per room for 2 nights; starting price based on double occupancy
|Hacienda Concepcion || |
$720 per room for 2 nights/3 days; starting price based on double occupancy
- Round trip transportation by land and river from the airport to either Reserva Amazonica or Hacienda Concepcion
- All meals on full days at either lodge
- A la carte excursions at Reserva Amazonica or pre-programmed excursions at Hacienda Concepcion
- Shared local English-speaking guides for all sightseeing included daily
- Basic equipment for specific excursions
- Entrances for all sights and experiences specifically included in your itinerary
- 24-hour local emergency contact
- Full-service tailoring of your itinerary and assistance with restaurant reservations
- Air travel
- Medical or travel insurance
- Any other items or services not specifically included in the itinerary
Excited to learn more?
Get in touch with us with us today to start planning!