- 4 nights at luxury accommodations in Mexico City.
- Highlights include: Visiting the home of Frida Kahlo as well as Luis Barragan, a festive boat ride at Xochimilco, a hot air balloon ride over Teotihuacan, and a private cooking class.
- English-speaking private guide & driver for touring and transfers.
- Itinerary crafted by a regional specialist, pre-departure advice, as well as 24/7 in-country support.
Request Itinerary PDF
Welcome to Mexico City !
Upon arrival, you’ll meet your Almaz Journeys driver and English-speaking guide for your private transfer to your accommodations in Mexico City.
A sprawling city simply bursting with energy, Mexico City is a true melting pot of international talent. Known for its incredible range of fine dining options as well as some of the cities best street food. There are countless ways to spend your days – from visiting nearby ruins, to touring the home of Frida Kahlo, to participating in a cooking class, to catching a local wresting match (lucha libre). Mexico City is an urban jungle with something to offer anyone.
Lodging Option: Four Seasons
The Four Seasons Mexico City provides an opulent oasis in one of the world’s largest cities. Located on the grand boulevard of Paseo de la Reforma, making it easy to get to both Polanco and Condesa (two of the cities trendiest neighborhoods) and the Bosque de Chapultepec (where the Anthropology musuem can be found). The hotel boasts ample common areas, including the luxury of an outdoor pool, and a world class spa. When evening rolls around try Fifty Mils, the hotels swanky bar, which has won the title of the 50 Best Bars of the world.
Frida Kahlo and Xochimilco
After breakfast you will be met by your driver and guide who will take you to Coyoacan, a former colonial village, located in the southern part of the city. Coyoacan still has its own identity, with narrow colonial-ear streets, plazas, cafes, and a lively bohemian atmosphere. Your guide will accompany you on a walking tour of the area, admiring the main plaza, churches, and colorful old buildings.
You will then visit Frida Kahlo’s home (museum – The Blue House), where she was born and lived much of her life, and eventually died. The house is a treasure trove, not only of her paintings, but also of innumerable artifacts associated with her and her husband, famous muralist Diego Rivera.
You will then continue on to Xochimilco, a labyrinth of canals which were once an important agricultural sight for the Aztec. You will board a ‘trajinera’ which is a traditional colorful boat, and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere as you cruise along the canals.
You will have the late afternoon and evening to enjoy the city on your own.
Hot Air Balloon Ride
This morning will be an early departure, but the reward is well worth it. You will drive approximately an hour to reach the Glob port near Teotihuacan, coffee and pastries will be provided while you prepare for your hot air balloon ride. You will enjoy a ride over the Aztec ruins of Teotihuacan, the ride will last from 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on weather conditions. The hot air balloon will fly over the archaeological site of Teotihuacan gliding over palaces and pyramids. After landing you will enjoy a buffet breakfast near to the site before driving back into the city.
Mexican Cooking Class
Today you will enjoy a market visit followed by the chance to try your hand at cooking your own Mexican meal. You will be welcomed with an ‘agua fresca’ (fruit juice) or a Mexican coffee while the local chef introduces you to the robust gastronomic history of Mexico. You will then walk to the traditional neighborhood market, Mercado de Medellin, where you will get to taste local delicacies such as mamey fruit or, if you are feeling adventurous, grasshoppers. Here you will also pick up the ingredients for the meal you are about to create alongside the chef.
Back at the studio the hands-on cooking class will begin. You will help to prepare 3 different tacos paired with individual salsas. When it’s time to eat your meal will be paired with artisanal mezcal, Mexican craft beer, Mexican wine, or local fruit juice.
Today you will be picked up from your hotel and taken to the airport in a private transfer for onward travel.
Private Journey PricingPer Person
From Price Per Person
|2 Guests Traveling - || |
|4 Guests Traveling - || |
- 4 nights in Mexico City: Deluxe King room at Four Seasons Mexico City.
- Breakfast daily.
- Lunch of day 4.
- Private arrival and departure transfers (assumes all guests on same flights.) English-speaking guide included when specified in itinerary.
- Private, local English-speaking guides for all activities as described in the program.
- Cost of entrance for all sights and experiences specifically included in your program.
- 24/7 local emergency contact during your journey.
- Full-service advance tailoring of your itinerary and assistance with restaurant reservations.
- Air travel.
- Lunches, dinners and alcoholic beverages unless otherwise specified in your program.
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel porters, etc. unless otherwise specified in your program.
- Travel or medical evacuation insurance.
- Any other items or services not specifically included in your itinerary.
Excited to learn more?
Get in touch with us with us today to start planning!