- The Amazon Rainforest in Peru can be experienced in true luxury aboard the Aqua Expeditions cruise lines. This cruise can be added anywhere in your journey whether it be at the very beginning or after your exploration of the rest of Peru.
- The Aqua Expeditions cruises offer 3-, 4-, and 7- night cruise options whose itineraries slightly vary based on high and low water seasons. If interested, please contact your Almaz Journeys travel planner to find the cruise that works best for you and your preferences.
Request Itinerary PDF
Day Onboard ExperiencesOnboard Experiences
First Class Accommodations, Dining and Service
YOUR SHIP CHOICES
As of 2020, the Aqua Nera is Aqua Expedition’s newest luxury cruise ship. At 205-feet long, it boasts 20 luxury suites at 320 square feet in size with several interconnecting options for families. Each suite has its own daybed and sofa as well as panoramic windows. Outside of the rooms, guests can gather at both indoor and outdoor bars, dining areas, cinemas, or lounges. A library, gym, spa, and outdoor plunge pool are also available to all guests.
The Aria Amazon is Aqua Expedition’s 147-foot flagship. Its 16 luxury guest suites measure a generous 240 square feet, and feature large, outward facing panoramic windows and en suite sitting areas. Guests can socialize in the dining room, bar, on the observation deck with outdoor jacuzzi and at the lounge. There is also a small boutique and an exercise room.
Both ships’ suites have been designed by an internationally renowned Peruvian interior designer, and all are air-conditioned with several options for interconnecting suites for families. Both ships also focus on high-touch service and intimacy with a 1:1 crew to passenger ratio, including a paramedic, a cruise director, and 4 English-speaking naturalist guides.
THE CULINARY JOURNEY
Hailed by the Wall Street Journal as one of “Peru’s top chefs” and recognized in The New York Times for his “rare” cooking talent, Aqua Expeditions Executive Chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino has also attracted the attention of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants at both his Malabar and Amaz restaurants, as well as on board both the Aqua Nera and the Aria Amazon.
Though Peruvian cuisine has made its way around the world, many of Schiaffino’s delectable ingredients grow only in the Amazon jungle, inspiring his novel dishes like hearts of palm soufflé, plantain and yucca gnocchi, and grilled paiche with huatia potatoes. Menus on board also stay true to local traditions like Peruvian ceviche, with its succulent ranches of just caught river fish, juicy onions, cilantro, coriander and corn kernels the size of South Sea pearls.
You’ll also enjoy organic wines from Argentina and Chile, private labeled exclusively for Aqua. If you have a special dietary requirement, just let us know so that the ship can make sure you have delicious meals to enjoy.
Day Exploring the Amazon DailyExploring the Amazon Daily
Flora, Fauna and Indigenous Communities
Guests may choose three-, four-, or seven-night itineraries. Each day will bring amazing new wonders, as guests set out with guides in Aqua’s fleet of four skiffs (8 passengers each) to float toward the source of the mighty Amazon.
Each day, you will explore the small inlets and various winding river systems that make up the flooded forest. Pacaya Samiria Reserve, located on the headwaters of the Amazon basin, spans more than five million acres. Twice the size of Yellowstone Park, it teems with wildlife and aquatic life. Visitors will have the opportunity to see hundreds of species, including the endangered pink Amazon dolphin, black caiman, and three toed sloth.
All morning and afternoon excursions are included, and both kayaks and bicycles are available for guests’ use for more independent exploration.
Day Itineraries for EveryoneItineraries for Everyone
Choose a 3-, 4- or 7-Night Itinerary
Day Special Hosted DeparturesSpecial Hosted Departures
For an extra special experience
CHEF-HOSTED DEPARTURE WITH PEDRO MIGUEL SCHIAFFINO
Pedro Schiaffino is chef/owner of Malabar, one of Lima’s most cutting edge and innovative restaurants.
Schiaffino’s cuisine fuses Peruvian ingredients with traditional techniques – he is particularly known for his interest in local ingredients and their source, beginning with the cultivation and preservation of native ingredients through to the creation of the dishes that are offered in all his restaurants.
Unique features of these chef-hosted culinary departures include:
- Customized market tour to learn about locally grown and harvested ingredients.
- Master cooking classes
- Interactive Q&A with the Chef onboard
Contact Almaz Journeys to check availability starting in 2022 and secure your spot today.
Private Journey PricingPer Person
From Price Per Person
|7 Night Itinerary || |
|4 Night Itinerary || |
|3 Night Itinerary || |
- 3, 4, or 7 nights in luxury accommodations aboard either the Aria or Nera cruises.
- All meals on board.
- Beverages (non-alcoholic, select premium wines, sparkling wine and national beer.
- Shared local English-speaking guides for all sightseeing included daily.
- Shared transfers to/from vessel when arriving/departing on recommended flights to/from Iquitos
- Entrances for all sights and experiences specifically included in your itinerary.
- 24-hour local emergency contact
- Pacaya Samiria entrance fee
- Full-service tailoring of your itinerary and assistance with restaurant reservations
- Air travel
- Spa services
- Guide and crew gratuities
- Medical or travel insurance
- Any other items or services not specifically included in the itinerary