- 4 nights in luxury accommodations at Galapagos Safari Camp, 2 nights at Mashpi Lodge, Casa Gangotena and Hacienda Zuleta, and 1 night at Eurobuilding.
- Private airport transfers with VIP assistance.
- English-speaking private guide & driver for all included cultural activities.
- Advance itinerary customization and restaurant reservations, as well as 24/7 in-country support.
Arrival into Quito
Journey to Mashpi Lodge
Constructed with the perspective that nature comes first, Mashpi Lodge boasts an immersive experience in the Cloud Forest of Ecuador. From the environmentally conscious construction, the majority of the staff being natives from the area, and the emphasis on luxury, Mashpi is a must-stay lodge.The day is yours today to take full advantage of the amenities offered to you by Mashpi Lodge. Your stay here includes a private transfer in and out of the hotel, all meals at the lodge, and guided (shared) activities and excursions within the reserve.
Exploring the Cloud Forest
- Biking or riding aboard the Dragonfly through the canopies of the cloud forest
- Hiking along a trail at night that’s lit by the bioluminescent fungus in search of unique insects
- Searching for Capuchin monkeys
- Swinging along vines through the forest while learning about the local flora and fauna
Return to Quito
On arrival back in Quito, you’ll have the afternoon at leisure but we can arrange touring at an additional cost.
This afternoon, you have a few options to choose from. One option is to focus on architecture with visits including the Church of San Agustin, La Compañía, and the Church & Monastery of Santo Domingo, as well as of course some secret passages and even some of the domes and towers for views overlooking the city. For foodies, we’d move the walking tour to the afternoon so that this morning you can visit a traditional market and then a cooking class with a local chef – followed of course by lunch! For a combination of food and art, visit the former residence of artist Oswaldo Guayasamin, Ecuador’s most acclaimed contemporary painter, followed by a tasting session hosted by Ecuadorian brand To’ak.
Journey to the Galapagos Islands
On arrival at Baltra airport, you’ll have an excursion across the Santa Cruz island highlands en route to Galapagos Safari camp. The excursion includes a delicious farm-to-table lunch in the western hills, followed by a visit to the Tortoise Reserve. Late afternoon arrival at Galapagos Safari Camp for check-in, a sunset cocktail and dinner.
Your stay at Galapagos Safari Camp includes all three meals daily as well as daily excursions that are mostly land-based with some requiring sea transfers to get the most out of this fascinating island. This is merely a sample, and safaris are completely customizable based on your interests and can focus on scuba diving, longer days on the water, or more hikes to see wildlife (customization may incur additional costs). Speak with your Almaz Journeys travel planner to figure out your best options for your time at Galapagos Safari Camp.
Please note that National Park fees and TCT cards are not included, and will be charged separately.
A Day at Galapagos Safari Camp
A Day at Galapagos Safari Camp.
A Day at Galapagos Safari Camp
Journey to Hacienda Zuleta
On arrival, meet your private driver for transfer to Hacienda Zuleta, under 2 hours from Quito. Hacienda Zuleta is steeped in four centuries of history and is a working farm with more than 4,000 acres. Their focus on community projects, like the condor rehabilitation and spectacled bear preservation activities, sustainable tourism, and the warm staff make this a unique destination and great way to end your trip to Ecuador. You don’t even have to leave the property to experience the wildlife in the area, as condors are known to fly overhead and other varieties of birds may flutter by your window. There are numerous activities on foot, horseback, bike and vehicle to enjoy.
Your stay here includes all meals, non-alcoholic beverages, and your choice of a number of visits both guided and independent listed below. There are also a number of private activities that can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Condor rehabilitation center and flying concor viewpoint.
- Extensive gardens and pond.
- Nearly 40 miles of self-guided trails.
- Visit to the community and nearby sites of interst including embroidery stores, saddle factories, etc.
- 14th century Caranqui archeological pyramids.
- 7 square miles of Hacienda grounds and farm operations: cheese museum, organic vegetable garden, milking sheds, trout farm, etc.
- Foundation – community library and embroidery shop.
Exploration of Hacienda Zuleta & Its Surroundings
Depart from Ecuador
Private Journey PricingPer Person
From Price Per Person
|2 Guests Traveling Together|| |
|4 Guests Traveling Together|| |
|6 Guests Traveling Together|| |
- 1 nights in a Deluxe room at Eurobuilding Hotel near Quito airport.
- 2 nights in a Wayra room at Mashpi Lodge.
- 2 nights in a Luxury room at Casa Gangotena in Quito.
- 4 nights in a Luxury tent at Galapagos Safari Camp.
- 2 nights in a Junior Suite at Hacienda Zuleta.
- Breakfast daily.
- Lunch on days 2-4, 6-9 and 11.
- Dinner on days 2-3 & 6-11.
- Private arrival and departure transfers (assumes all guests on same flights.) English-speaking host/
- guide included when specified in itinerary.
- Private, local English-speaking guides for activities as described in the program. Shared Englishspeaking guides for Mashpi & Zuleta on-side tours, as well as boat excursions at Galapagos Safari
- Private air-conditioned vehicle as described for activities and transfers, with bottled water daily. Shared vehicles where applicable for shared activities.
- Cost of entrance for all sights and experiences specifically included in your program.
- 24/7 local emergency contact during your journey.
- Full-service advance tailoring of your itinerary and assistance with restaurant reservations.
- Air travel. Please coordinate internal Ecuador flights with us before purchasing.
- Lunches, dinners and alcoholic beverages unless otherwise specified in your program.
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel porters, etc. unless otherwise specified in your program.
- Travel or medical evacuation insurance.
- Any other items or services not specifically included in your itinerary.
- National Park permits or other tourist fees in Ecuador; will be quoted separately.